Thanks you for checking out our job openings. We have following positions available that interests you? See here.
District Hub Officer (Gulmi)
Number of openings: 1
Reports to: Country Director
Benefits: Communication Allowance and Field allowance as per Organization’s policy
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage United World Schools Nepal's field office in Tamghas, Gulmi ensuring that all departments are managed according to applicable procedures (HR, Finance, Communications, Programs, Logistics) including warehouse space.
- Ensure adherence to United World Schools operation policy.
- Stakeholder Mapping: Responsible for researching other NGOs’ and local authorities’ activities, to identify program gaps and to strengthen coordination of activities and general relationships with other organizations.
- Reporting: Facilitate and assure accurate and well-documented reporting internally within United World Schools Nepal
- Security: Ensure monitoring of the security situation and ensure implementation of security rules and regulations.
- Representation and Outreach: Represent United World Schools to donor bodies, UN agencies, other NGOs and local authorities (CDO, LDO, Municipality and in ward level).
- Plan and organize the donor visit in consultation with Country Director; and international volunteers visit
- Finalize purchase details of orders and deliveries
- Nurtures relationships with suppliers to negotiate the best prices for the organization
- Control spend and build a culture of long-term saving on procurement costs
- Identify and research on potential new suppliers
- Intimate details regarding procurement to Finance Department for release of payments in a timely manner
- Develop and implement strategies for procuring, storing, and distributing goods and maintaining inventory record in coordination with Finance Department
- Monitor approval of accounts to maintain an appropriate degree of control over vendor relationships
- Develop, hone and execute new improved procurement strategies across all channels of purchasing in coordination with Finance Department
- Manage every aspect of the on-time delivery of materials and notify the Supervisor and respective department of any possible obstacles to ideal efficiency.
-Oversee inventory control, material handling, and transportation of materials
- Negotiate transportation and supplier costs, and work to improve the efficiency of the organization's' logistics management
- Ensures adequate and timely distribution consistent with good inventory control
-Develops and briefs site performance reports, identifies issues and resolves concerns
- Hold regular community meetings with the members of the community in each schools
- Liaise with key partners, such as local education related authorities, municipal/district level agencies, state level government ministries
- Identify and do reconniance visits to the schools where United World Schools can work in future. Conduct the meetings, prepare report and suggest the actions to Senior Management Team.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- University degree in Sociology, Social Work, International Development and/or in a relevant field of study.
- Two years’ experience in operation management, program management, logistics and security.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Familiarity with non profits operations, coordination structures, and the mandates of donors, and other NGOs.
- Profound cross-cultural awareness and insight into health care issues.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions independently.
- Extremely flexible, and have the ability to cope with stressful situations and frustrations.
- Ability to relate to and motivate field staffs effectively.
- Creativity and the ability to work with limited resources.
- Excellent decision making skills.
- Team player and strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Proficient in computer applications, especially with MS Word and MS Excel, MS PowerPoint.
All interested individuals who meet the qualifications are encouraged to apply for the position. A cover letter and an updated resume should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position you are applying in the subject line. Applications are being accepted on an immediate, rolling basis. Short-listed candidates will be invited to participate in an assessment process.