UWS Nepal initiated the Teaching Fellowship Program in early 2017. It is a one-year graduate placement program aimed at Nepali university graduates who are seeking experience in teaching, community action, and international development. This program aims to tackle the issues of substandard education environment in rural regions by placing a trained UWS Fellow in UWS aided community schools.
The program aims to achieve the following broader objectives:
- To enhance the quality of education delivered in rural Nepal through modern teaching methodology
- To create a meaningful connection between students, teachers, parents, and community leaders, understanding each other’s problems through cooperation and collaboration
- To produce leaders who can make a lifelong commitment to addressing educational inequality, by teaching in poor and marginalized communities for one year
- To improve the learning environment and life skills of rural children
- To work towards removing socioeconomic barriers in remote communities