Position: Education Officer
Duty Station: Sankhuwasabha
Reports to: Education Coordinator
Education Officer's main responsibility is to improve the quality of education in the schools they are managing. His/her responsibility is to make sure he/she is in regular contact with their schools and visit each school at least once a month for 3-5 days. During those monthly visits, it is essential that he/she provides teachers training, complete monitoring, and gives feedback. This helps to see the progress that his/her schools are making and to identify where he/she can support schools to improve further.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist and monitor the resourcing of UWS Nepal schools with learning and educational materials
- Hold monthly staff meetings with the staff in UWS Nepal cluster schools
- General support for day-to-day operations in schools as required
- Support schools to improve and maintain their environments and classroom displays
- Oversee the professional development of principal and school teachers; including training and mentoring teachers in areas of need on a regular basis
- Advise on the choice of textbooks, equipment, teaching aids, and other educational resources
- Recruit and train community teachers as required
- Monitor the schools and support improvements in identified areas of need
- Develop the School Development Plan (SDP) for school improvement, and implement suitable interventions (in line with SDP) to raise the quality of education in UWS Nepal cluster schools
- Support the implementation of UWS’ Child Protection policy and procedures in all UWS Nepal schools, including raising Child Protection concerns to Child Protection Regional and National Leads.
Community Relations and Liaisoning
- Develop relationships with the school management committee and community and ensure they are involved in the school improvement
- Develop and promote a learning partnership between home, school, and community
- Foster a climate of trust and cooperation by regular communication, by consultation with parents, and by involving the community in the life of the school
- Liaise with local authorities and build cordial relationships with the government’s education-related officers.
Reporting, Administration, Evaluation
- Collect and maintain relevant data and statistics for impact monitoring and evaluation purposes
- Support monthly and annual impact data collection processes, and quality assurance of data at a school level
- Provide in-class support to teachers
- Evaluate and report on the work of teachers and on the progress of the teaching of the subject/area in schools
- Evaluate and ensure the quality and standards of teaching and learning in UWS Nepal schools.
- Coordination of occasional donor visits and volunteers
- Work collaboratively alongside the other members of the team, sharing resources and ideas
- Submit weekly progress report to supervisor
- Produce case studies from each cluster schools every quarter
- Maintain proper track record of the cause of concern forms in cluster schools and report to regional lead
- Support activities for other departments at the request from the senior management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education or related fields with a minimum of two years of experiences in project management across a range of project types in education and child’s right
- Extensive knowledge of the country’s education system, policies, and strategies
- Extensive experience in holding ToT training in CCA and curriculum development
- Proven track record of coordinating projects involving different stakeholders
- Demonstrated understanding of programme development with practical experiences in Project Cycle Management and Result Based Management
- Results-oriented team player with very good analytical skills and problem-solving attitude
- Fluency in Nepali language(s) and English (spoken and written)
- Knowledge in Child Rights, Child Protection Policies and Inclusive
- Education is an asset.
- Monitoring, Evaluation, and Reporting
- Teacher Professional Development
- People management
- Effective project management
- Risk Management / Safeguarding
UWS Nepal promotes equal opportunities and values a diverse workforce.
All interested individuals who meet the qualifications are encouraged to apply for the position. An updated resume along with a cover letter describing why the applicant would be suitable for the position at email@example.com before 30 Nov2020. Please mention the title of the position on the subject of the e-mail while applying. Applications are being accepted on an immediate, rolling basis. Short-listed candidates will be invited to participate in an assessment process.
You can also download the job description for information.